Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hard to believe - but missing Rio

Camillo left this morning for 4 days of meetings and entertaining in Rio. I am in Friburgo babysitting. It seems like I have only been in Rio a week altogether in the past 5 months, and I can hardly believe it - I am feeling homesick for RIO. You just cannot make me happy. When in Rio I want the quiet of the mountains, when in the mountains I want the entertainment options available in Rio. And when in either Rio or Friburgo I always want to be in the USA.

The Christ the train and the view (30) with markersThe last time I was in Rio, I did a blog about (imagine) walking the Lagoa and today I thought you might like a photo that I marked to give you a better idea of what that means. The photo was taken from up on the Christ. There is a hike and bike trail that goes the complete 7.5km around. You can rent pedal carts, and bicycles, take your own skates or skateboards, or just walk along in the old fashioned way like I do.

You also might want to go to http://gingersflowers.blogspot.com/search/label/Around%20Rio to be able to see other fun things to do while visiting Rio de Janeiro.

5 comments:

  1. I love that statue. And what a view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wnat you all to come and visit - when I see my towns through your eyes I am able to see more beauty.
    hugs and kisses from Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can believe it - and I wish I could be there!

    It would make me happy!

    Have a wonderful day,

    Katrin

    ReplyDelete