Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Monday, February 15, 2010

Carnaval 2010 On Video -

Last night Camillo and I went into Friburgo to watch the local Carnaval – March of the Samba Schools. We watched the first 3 – EXCELLENT! There were a GAZillion people watching, and cheering, and going for beer and coming back – milling, jostling humanity.
We didn’t have a place to sit so I elbowed my way to the front of the crowd (then felt guilty and let some young people in in front of me….). We were late – can you believe that, the show was to start at 8.00 and it must have started at 8:00 - we had to hustle through the crowds to find the front of the parade and to muscle into position so I could take photos. I took only my little Sony which is on its last leg, and I was having trouble with the focus. I don’t think that was because of the camera but because the front line of the crowd was not 3 feet from the action and all the marchers were moving and turning and twirling – my poor little camera couldn’t keep up.
So I shot quite a lot of video and this morning experimented with combining about half of the footage I shot to make one long video…… please enjoy it along with me as I see the results for the first time…..

 

5 comments:

  1. My brother-in-law and his girlfriend traveled to Friburgo for Carnaval! So nice to see what's happening there. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger, the video is marked "private" so only your friends can watch. Add me as a friend if you don't mind on YouTube TriciaChaves.
    Abracos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. try it again I changed the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!
    Really enjoyed watching that Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que saudades!

    Hi Ginger ---I've been out of touch for a while. Look for an email from me.

    ReplyDelete