Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Friday, March 16, 2012

That’s all Green Folks….

DSC_1719I don’t know why the title…  Just popped into my head,  “Thatsss alll Folks!”…. remember Porky Pig?  Doesn’t really apply here because of all the colors we might not have in Brasil –DSC_1738 green isn’t one of them so I can’t say “that’s all” until I post my dozens of photos.  NO Don’t leave, just kidding.  I will limit myself in photos and in words.  I spent about a minute looking in my ‘Friburgo garden’ folder, which holds nearly 2000 photos, and listed only 8 photos to show you.  Lets see how this works out.

In Brasil, we have green birds, green orchids, huge green leaves, little green leaves; and to list some of shades of green: silver green, deep forest green, spring green, fall green and all the greens in between.  During rainy season the world around me turns green, deep with shadows and shiny with moisture.  During the dry winter months the greens fade, turning almost brown but never quite giving up their green status. 

As you can imagine this forces me to look past the green and look for small dots of other color.  I have received many comments over the years about my ‘eye popping color’, which just shows how I look for bright orange, vibrant reds, many yellows, violet, pink …. any color to see something other than green in my camera’s lens.

DSC_1732   DSC_1572   DSC_1901

DSC_2016 

There is something truly extraordinary about a sole color nestled in a bed of green.  DSC_3586 (2)

121   DSC_1176 (2)

All these photos were taken at one time or the other throughout the year, in my garden, from the veranda, or on the street in front of the house.

I have one more, (only one more!), taken at the Botanical Gardens in Rio just this past week – just to prove my point that green is the color of Brasil.  Green on green, shadow and light -

DSC_1715

11 comments:

  1. I have never seen so many greens. Descriptions I have never head before but I am writing them down to use sometimes. Beautiful post as usual.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so lush and beautiful where you live. I never tire of seeing your flowers and foliage; it's like visiting another world. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep and dark greens in some of your pics- reminds me of Panama where I lived as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your problem, as I have a similar one. When you see green all year round you're always looking for something to add to it for variety. I do love your last shot. It's a real lesson in appreciating what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green leaves/ trees and flowers are grown here too but you know what , that view of mountains and green valleys you will never find in my country! We only have high rise buildings here...and that header photo, just blew me away! love it.
    By the way, thanks for linking me up for the FMTSO, really appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do think of Brazil as being lush and GREEN! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful AND green, love the middle green one and purple and yellow flowers are my most favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every shot is beautiful Ginger!! This is a very creative selection to post.....love it!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your green fan is an eye-popping green. And I love the "That's all green, folks" comment -- I can just see a green Porky Pig saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I remember Porky Pig!

    These photos are extraordinary. Love the bright greens. Here in Georgia USA we are greening up for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the last shot in this post the best: the fanning leaves of the plant, plus the shadow of another plant on it and the golden sun glowing through the translucent leaves. There is off-white, black, a tiny bit of blue, and shades of gold, too, along with many shades of green. It is stunning.

    Although we didn't have much "winter weather" in western PA (2011-2012 winter), without leaves the landscape is rather achromatic from November through March, so I love it when the greens start to pop up on the hillsides ---which is happening now. Green is my favorite color, so I don't think I could ever get too much of it.

    ReplyDelete